WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, OHIO —
This spring season, Civilian Health Promotion Services (CHPS) will promote its Ready, Set, Summer (RSS) Physical Activity Challenge. The RSS challenge is an onsite CHPS program-wide initiative designed to promote physical activity for the workforce. Regular physical activity is one of the most important actions that people of all ages can take to improve their health. Being physically active can help people feel better, function better, sleep better, and reduce the risk of a large number of chronic diseases.
Participants who enroll in the RSS challenge will receive a free set of Stack 52 flexibility exercise cards at the official check-in with CHPS. The Stack 52 flexibility cards have links to online demonstration videos of each exercise.
How to Participate in RSS:
- Enroll online at AFMCwellness.com from 01- 30 APR (Federal Civilians need to have an up-to-date Health Risk Assessment to participate).
- Print your RSS confirmation email and complete an initial check-in with CHPS between 15 -30 APRIL to finalize enrollment and receive your free Stack 52 Flexibility Exercise Cards.
- Perform physical activity and log your minutes on the AFMCwellness.com-activity log from 22 APRIL to 07 JUNE.
- Attend the CHPS education class, “Injury Prevention”, between 22 APRIL -07 JUNE.
- Attend a final check-out with CHPS between 10-19 JUNE to receive your completion award.
- To be eligible for the completion award, each participant will need to:
a) Attend both enrollment check-in and completion check-out with CHPS
b) Complete and log at least 600 total minutes (10 hours) of physical activity
c) Attend “Injury Prevention” class from CHPS staff
Participants that complete the Ready, Set, Summer challenge requirements will receive a free Gaiam pinpoint massager from CHPS. Contact your physician before beginning any physical activity program to be sure it is safe.
For more information, visit AFMCwellness.com/or contact your local CHPS team.