In an effort to minimize health risks associated with COVID-19, the Joint Installation Commander has directed the following actions, in line with the NJ Stay-At-Home Order and the JB MDL Public Emergency Declaration:
Effective April 4, 2020
Authorized Base Access:
- Active duty military and their dependents (all Services)
- Uniformed Reserve and Guard members who work on the installation
- All United Communities housing residents; Balfour Beatty Communities (housing residents living on Lakehurst proper) Note: Retiree housing residents need special access cards for base access
- Essential DoD civilians as directed by their unit commander/director
- Mission essential contractors (utilizing their contractor ID card) as directed by the 87th Contracting Squadron or their Service Contracting Office
- Those who have current visitor's passes until their expiration date (new passes will only be issued with unit commander/director or above approval)
- Mail and deliveries through Commercial Gate
- Those listed above will continue to have access to all remaining open services on base.
*If you remain authorized to access the base, you should limit entering base only for work or using essential services.
Temporarily Not Authorized Base Access:
All other individuals with access to the installation under normal circumstances will not have base access until further notice. Base access and services will re‐open and resume normal operations as soon possible, as determined by Public Health and Joint Base Leadership.
Retirees unable to utilize TRICARE Mail Order (https://militaryrx.express‐scripts.com/home‐ delivery) or a network pharmacy should call the 87th Medical Group Pharmacy at 609‐754‐9470 to arrange prescription pick up on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Retirees picking up prescriptions must enter the Wrightstown Gate and go directly to the 87th Medical Group Clinic to pick up previously ordered prescriptions.
Detailed procedures for remotely applying for ID card renewals can be found on the JB MDL website or base mobile app “COVID‐19” sections. https://www.jbmdl.jb.mil/Portals/47/documents/COVID-19/ID%20Card%20Services%20during%20COVID%2019.pdf
See this video to see current gate access procedures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLjAWeA7U
Gate access: The McGuire Gate, Browns Mills Gate, Falcon Courts North Gate and Lakehurst gate will be open. The Dix and Lakehurst Commercial Vehicle Inspection Points will continue normal operations for essential deliveries only.
The following services will be open:
- McGuire Welcome Center: open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The following Installation Access Control Points and Welcome Centers will be closed until further notice:
- 68 Gate
- Wrightstown Gate - closed except Saturday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. for Retiree access to pharmacy only
- Pinehurst Gate
- Pemberton Gate
- Dix Welcome Center
- Lakehurst Welcome Center