Effective June 23, 2020
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst will further ease restrictions under Phase 1 of its three-phased, conditions-based approach for reopening the installation by allowing retired military personnel and eligible veterans limited access on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting June 23. We understand the past few months have been challenging for our community and we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time.
Please check our stoplight chart below to see the availability of services under Phase 1.
The following groups will have access to the installation, effective June 23, 2020:
- All military members and their dependents
- Retirees (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
- Gold Star families (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
- Disabled veterans (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
- All United Communities housing residents
- Balfour Beatty Communities housing residents living on Lakehurst proper
- Essential DOD civilians as directed by their unit commander/director
- Mission essential contractors as directed by the 87th Contracting Squadron or their Service Contracting Office
- Those who have current visitor’s passes until their expiration date (new passes will only be issued with unit commander/director or above approval)
- Mail and deliveries through Commercial Gate
- Members who require emergency access, and do not meet the criteria above, should report to the Welcome Center. Their Verbal Orders of the Commander request will be processed by the Welcome Center controller to the Emergency Operations Center.
On Tuesdays and Wednesdays for retirees and eligible veterans:
- The pharmacy will begin call-ahead curbside service. Saturday pharmacy pick-up will continue for two more weeks, on June 20 and June 27. Beginning July 1, we will transition to Tuesday and Wednesday curbside service only. The pharmacy phone number for call-ahead prescriptions is 609-754-9470. Note: Other Medical Group services remain unavailable.
- The DEERS/ID Card Office is available by appointment only. Appointments can be made at
609-754-5774. If you have an emergency and cannot wait for your appointment, please call to discuss options.
- The McGuire/Dix Commissary, Lakehurst Commissary, AAFES, and NEX are open. Although retirees can shop during all regular store hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, special shopper hours will be also be designated, allowing retirees time to shop without other patrons. The “no visitors” policy is still in effect.
- McGuire/Dix Commissary special shopper hours: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Regular hours are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- AAFES special shopper hours: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Regular hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Lakehurst Commissary and NEX will operate during normal hours
Detailed procedures for remotely applying for ID card renewals can be found on the JB MDL website or base mobile app “COVID‐19” sections. https://www.jbmdl.jb.mil/Portals/47/documents/COVID-19/ID%20Card%20Services%20during%20COVID%2019.pdf
See this video to see current gate access procedures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLjAWeA7U
Gate access: The McGuire Gate, Browns Mills Gate, Falcon Courts North Gate and Lakehurst gate will be open. The Dix and Lakehurst Commercial Vehicle Inspection Points will continue normal operations for essential deliveries only.
The following services will be open:
- McGuire Welcome Center: open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Lakehurst Welcome Center open from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
The following Installation Access Control Points and Welcome Centers will be closed until further notice:
- 68 Gate
- Wrightstown Gate (Will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
- Pinehurst Gate
- Pemberton Gate
- Dix Welcome Center
- Lakehurst Welcome Center